Please note that bus and train tickets have different time limits. When buying your ticket in a ticket machine please purchase your ticket in connection with your journey as the ticket is only valid for a limited time period.
The exact time period your ticket stays valid is stated on your ticket.
- In Skåne your single fare ticket is valid between one and three hours depending on the length of your journey. On a shorter journey your ticket is valid for less time than on a longer journey.
- Journeys to Denmark have a different validity period than in the south of Sweden. See below.
- Please note: if you have single fare ticket you can only use your ticket in the direction purchased. You cannot use the ticket for a journey in the opposite direction.
BUY A TICKET
How long is the bus ticket valid when travelling in Skåne?
If you are travelling by bus within one zone only, your ticket is valid for 1 hour. When travelling further by bus, the ticket is valid another 10 minutes per zone.
Free travel on city buses using your train ticket
Can I travel on city buses in southern Sweden with my Öresund train (grey) or Pågatåg train (violet) ticket?
Yes - and this also includes" Resplus" tickets on Öresund trains and all city zones in southern Sweden operated by Öresund trains.
Please note that you need only show your paper ticket when travelling on your train ticket. Avoid holding your Jojo Card in front of the card reader when boarding the bus as your journey will then be registered and the amount drawn from your card.
How long is the train ticket valid when travelling to/from Denmark?
- Single fare ticket is valid the date on the ticket and from midnight until 4am the following day. You must board the train no later 4am.
- Return fare ticket is valid for a return journey by train and bus within the zones you have specified during a 24-hour period. A return fare ticket to or from Denmark is valid for 24 hours.
Find timetable and fares in the Travel Planner – select search option Northern Europe /DenmarkIs the ticket valid for further travel by train across the Öresund Bridge and for further travel on city buses and the metro in central Copenhagen?
Yes - if you have travelled by train across the Öresund Bridge you can continue your journey using the same ticket on the metro and city buses operated by Movia and on trains operated by DSB within central Copenhagen.
This applies to the entire zone area known as FL and includes Copenhagen Central Station and Norreport and Österport stations. The ticket is valid in one direction only, as is stated on the ticket.
The same rules apply when you buy a single fare ticket in Denmark. If you travel outside central Copenhagen you will need a different ticket valid for zone area DG: Read more:
Book your journey within Sweden and to/from Denmark